Not all HDMI cables are created equal. Some people think they will work the same, but this is not true. If you have a 4K TV and want to get the most out of it, your best bet is to buy an HDMI cable that supports 4K speeds and offers good quality video and audio transmission.
You may also like Are All HDMI Cables Backward Compatible
You can’t just plug any old cable into your new TV — there’s a specific type for each device! Before you buy, it’s important to know so you don’t waste money on something that won’t work for your needs.
HDMI Cables for Non-4K TV (DO ALL HDMI SUPPORT 4K):
The first thing you should know is that not all HDMI cables are the same. There are many different types of HDMI cables, which vary by their diameter, materials, and shielding. Depending on what type of TV you’re using, each will produce a different level of quality output. Next time you buy an HDMI cord, take note of the following points to get the best quality for your TV.
There are different types of HDMI cables, and the type you need depends on what you’re using them for. Any old HDMI cable will do if you’re using a non-4K TV. But if you’re using a 4K TV, you need to use a High-Speed HDMI Cable to get the best video quality.
HDMI Cables for 4K TV:
HDMI cables are used for 4K TVs to transmit video and audio signals from the TV to the cable box, satellite box, or Blu-ray player.
4K TVs have a much higher resolution than traditional HDTVs, so you need a cable that can handle the increased bandwidth required to transmit those signals. HDMI cables can handle that bandwidth, so they’re perfect for use with 4K TVs.
You may also like Do You Need a 4K HDMI Cable For Apple?
Many HDMI cables have been rated for “high-speed” 4K transmission. Here’re five from Amazon:
01. Monoprice Premium High-Speed HDMI Cable – Google Certified HDR UHD 2160p, Blue Ethernet, 30AWG Braided Jacket.
02. Acces premium quality 3D enabled single strand 28awg high-speed HDMI cable.
03. AmazonBasics High-Speed Cable with Ethernet (6 Feet) (Latest Standard).
04. AmazonBasics High-Speed Flat Cord 4K Ultra HD Compatible (Latest Standard).
05. AmazonBasics Ultra-Slim High-Speed HDMI Cable 18 Gbps Supports Ethernet and 4k Ultra Hd – 6 Feet.
What type of HDMI supports 4K?
The HDMI 2.0 specification supports 4K video at 60 frames per second with 8-bit colour depth and HDCP 2.2 copy protection.
If you want to ensure that your 4K device will work with a 4K TV or other display, then be sure to buy products that are labelled as “HDMI 2.0.” Not all HDMI cables are created equal, so it’s important to purchase a high-quality cable if you want to ensure the best possible picture quality.
There are three types of HDMI cables that support 4K resolution:
- Standard HDMI Cable – Supports up to 4K @ 30 Hz
- High-Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet – Supports up to 4K @ 60 Hz
- Ultra HD Premium Certified HDMI Cable – Supports up to 2160p @ 60 Hz