It is and it is not.
You see, I am a straightforward kind of person. So I had to say it right away but the answer is not that simple. You’ll need to be patient and read till the end to figure it out.
A projector is a ‘replacement’ that indicates that you are familiar with the details of a TV or monitor.
Also Check Out:Best 4K Projector Under 3000
My job is to educate you on projectors as you being here suggest that you are thinking of buying one but aren’t sure if it’s worth the money. A projector is a good replacement for a monitor or TV under certain conditions; the same applies to a TV.
Is a Projector a Good Replacement For a Monitor or TV?
I think it’ll be better to explain in points as it’ll be easy and comfy on your eyes as well.
Also Check Out:Best Ultra Short Throw Projector Under 2000 Dollars
- If you have a bright room with a lot of windows, then go with a TV.
- If you have a basement or a large space where you can control the light then go with a projector.
- Since a TV can hang on a wall, you are not really going to get much better than that when it comes to space.
- Standard projectors, on the other hand, need to be several feet away from the wall so this really isn’t ideal in a small room. However, there is an exception. If you buy an ultra-short throw projector, space won’t be a problem as it sits right in front of the wall.
- If you are desperate to have an ‘as large as possible’ viewing experience, what can be better than a projector to get the theatre feels at home? This one is obvious because that is the whole point of buying a projector.
- If you want to get a TV that big, you would have to spend more than most people spend on a car but you can actually spend less than $2000 on a 4k projector and go with whatever size screen you want. Therefore, when it comes to big screens, in particular, a projector is less expensive.
- Because a projector works best in a dark room just as in theatre, the lights are off, it won’t be a good choice if you are thinking of placing one in your living room as the sunlight will get in your way of a good viewing experience.
- There is a way, though, to get a clear image on a projector even with the lights on but you’ll need to buy an ambient light rejecting screen for that.
In short, your decision of buying a projector is determined by your personal space, budget, and preferences.
Can You Use any Projector for Golf Simulator
Best Projector for Home Theater