Hello guys. Today I’ll introduce you to the best external flash for the Canon SL1. But why go for an external one when you have an inbuilt flash?Because the goal here is to deliver you with the best, and the best external flash provides the best experience. I say that every time, but yes, I’ll make sure to write this article considering buyers with distinct demands and priorities. Seeing you here proves your passion for photography; although you don’t need to prove it to anyone if you are aware of this worthwhile drive that pushed you to read this article, that’s enough.
Ok, back to the topic.
So yes, I was talking about demands differing from buyer to buyer. I think, if not anything else, nature is always in the market. Isn’t it? This one requirement of every buyer is what the best external flash for canon sl1 has to offer. The listing time begins now. Let’s check out the best five available in the market.
|1.||Canon Speedlite 270EX 2||Check Price|
|2.||Canon Speedlite EL-100||Check Price|
|3.||Neewer TT560 Flash Speedlite||Check Price|
|4.||Canon Speedlite 600EX II-RT||Check Price|
|5.||Canon Speedlite 470EX-AI||Check Price|
1: Canon Speedlite 270EX 2
It is the most impressive external flash (I hope it impresses you as much as it impressed me) and also the smallest. It is wonderfully compact and can squeeze into a pocket, thus is particularly travel-friendly. If you put it in an accessory bag, you will not even feel like something is there because it is that lightweight. It is the best budget flash; other features are a plus.
Also Check Out:How Do I Connect My in-Ear Monitors To My Bass Amp?
The Canon Speedlite 270EX 2 allows you to tilt 90 degrees up. And that is pretty cool.; in a tiny flash like this, you do not see that very often. So, if you take a picture with this flash pointed out bounced up off the ceiling, you will see even better results.
- ultra lightweight
- Vertical bounce capability up to 90 degrees
- Slave function
- You can switch the flash coverage between Normal and Tele
- Includes soft case
- mini stand
- instruction book
- Allows flash to reposition to illuminate the subject
- High-performance flash unit
- provides a wide range of picture-taking options
- you can trigger the flash wirelessly via its help
- has four custom functions
- ability to operate the flash wirelessly off-camera
- bounce capability
- new locking mechanism
- highly adjustable
- wireless remote capability
- no horizontal rotation
2: Canon Speedlite EL-100
The EL-100 has roughly the same maximum power output as the 270EX 2. It is a little bigger and heavier but has full articulation for bounce flash, enough power to supply ample bounce flash indoors, and for fill-flash outdoors. Very compact, very simple to use, and integrates perfectly with canon Sl1. It takes only 2 AA batteries, which are available everywhere, like the 270EX 2.
Also Check Out:Best White Gaming Monitor
Furthermore, you can rotate it for a bounce. Also, it has an auto option allowing it to fire when it feels it needs it for those less technically savvy. This flash is great for quick family gatherings and is easy to carry.
- 24mm wide-angle coverage
- Optical wireless flash function
- weighs approximately 6.7 oz./190g without batteries
- pivot and twist a maximum of 90° upwards, up to 150° to the left, and 180° to the right
- A guide number of approximately 85 ft./26m at ISO 100
- serves as either a sender or a receiver unit in an optical setup
- AUTO setting available
- super easy to use
- both horizontal and upward bounce rotation capability
- expansive pivoting capabilities
- supplies the fitting amount of light for multiple scenes
- You might find it a bit bulky from its layout, but that is, honestly, it.
3: Neewer TT560 Flash Speedlite
The Neewer tt 560 flash speed light, apart from rotating vertically from 0 to 90-degree range, this flashlight also does so horizontally from 0 to 270 degrees. Compatible with almost all branded cameras in the market, its flash unit has eight steps of power output control indicated by eight pieces of an led screen. After a lot of research, the Neewer TT560 flash Speedlite does stand out; I have to say. Its color temperature is 5600k, and its flash duration ranges from one slash 300s to 1s 200 os. I have attached the product links as well for each external flash mentioned. Do check them out for discounted offers.
- 4 AA batteries required
- The flash unit has eight stages of power output control.
- weighs 454 g
- guide number: 38 ( ISO 100)
- color temperature: 5600K
- flash duration: 1/300s~1/20000s
- Vertical Rotation Angle: 0~90 degrees
- Horizontal Rotation Angle: 0~270 degrees
- Standard Hot Shoe Stand
- Flash Mode: M, S1, S2
- The range of power is more than sufficient.
- comprises a pull-down flash diffuser and pull-out white reflector
- Flash head delivers 90-degree vertical rotation and 270-degree horizontal movement (90 one way, 180 the other) for bounce flash.
- It has two slave modes of operation and manual mode, indicating you can use it as a slave fill-in flash gun.
- takes 4X AA batteries (including rechargeable types)
- well made and assembled.
- It comes with a 1/4-inch tripod mounting bracket for slave use.
- Any more than ten shots in a minute or so, and the gun will auto shut down to prevent overheating, but it seems to be resistant to overheating at low power settings.
4: Canon Speedlite 600EX II-RT
The 600 EX is similar to the 580 EX if you consider the form and size factor. Other than that, looking into the five different things or features of the 600 EX helps to decide if it could be the best external flash for your canon Sl1 or not.
- It can work as a solo speed light.
- can be a radio master and the opposite.
- It can be an optical master and the opposite.
I know; that is a lot. Let me cover the rest in the specs section.
- Zoom flash head covers 20–200mm.
- 197 ft./60m at ISO 100
- continuous flash by approximately 1.1 to 1.5x for fast firing
- wireless flash shooting support
- both radio and optical transmission wireless support are available
- Multiple flash system
- Four AA size batteries
- Dust- and water-resistant
- flash-readiness indicator
- dial operation
- manual flash output
- bounce adapter
- SCF-E3 color hard-type filter sets
- soft case
- Dot matrix LCD panel
- 15 Custom Functions
- 6 Personal Functions
- Full swivel (180° in either direction)
- offers a great functional range
- permits management of up to five groups of flashes
- reliable operation in various environments
- The ease of operating it is remarkable.
- quick and convenient visibility
- creative flexibility
- Fast recycle times
- good battery life
- The new pouch is bulky.
5: Canon Speedlite 470EX-AI
It is the world’s first automatic bounce flash system and can automate what for many was a daunting trial and error process of figuring out what angle to set the flash head to for compelling bounce flash lighting. This speed light has the potential to transform your flash photography. Bounce is a skill-based flash technique where you point the flash head up or to the side, bouncing the light and making it even larger, soft, and more flattering for your subject because it’s a skill-based thing that takes some time to master.
And this is where the 470EX-AI steps in and do its job. A sensor right at the front of the flash head measures the distance between the subject and the flash. Then it resets itself and measures the distance between the Speedlite and the ceiling. To kill some suspense, I thought of mentioning minor details of how it works, but yes, it does the job skillfully.
- Ai bounce function
- Ai. B full-auto mode
- AI. B semi-auto mode settings
- assists beam emission in low-light scenes
- Zoom flash head range of 24 105mm
- Overall bounce angle capacity of 120° upwards
- 180° to the left
- and 180° to the right
- Optical receiver mode for Off-Camera triggering
- Charge status indicated in the LCD panel
- Mini stand
- new bounce adapter accessories
- Mounting Type: In-ceiling
- Can pick and keep the perfect bounce flash angle and settings
- allows you to swivel the flash head into place (automatically)
- You can easily illuminate your subject
- convenient positioning with automatic movement
- easy calculations with automatic measurement
- The AI.B Semi-auto mode lets you focus on your subject and composition without adjusting the flash settings.
- cannot be used as a master