Best Portable Projector for Gaming
- How to choose the best webcam for proctored exams
- What things do you need to keep in mind while choosing a webcam?
- Webcam Resolution
- Price Tag
- 7 Best Webcam for proctored exams
- Logitech C920x
- Logitech Brio
- Logitech C270
- NexiGo N60
- Razer Kiyo
- Razer Kiyo Pro
- NexiGo N930AF
- Final thoughts and best pick
- Related Article:
Do you plan to take an online proctored exam? For your proctor to see your test environment clearly, you’ll need a reliable best webcam for proctored exams.
We have thoroughly researched several webcams available on the market based on their quality and price. You’ll find all the information you need to make the right decision below.
With this guide, you can find the most suitable webcam that will meet the needs of your proctor, whether you’re preparing for an online standardized test (such as the TOEFL) or a college exam.
The most suitable webcams for proctored exams online were determined after reviewing several webcams on the market.
How to choose the best webcam for proctored exams
- The resolution must be at least 640×480 (480p) or 1280×720 (720p). By doing this, the proctor will be able to see you clearly and scan your ID
- A webcam that can be adjusted to show the proctor your entire desk and room. For example, the TOEFL Home Edition test requires a 360-degree view of the room.
- You can afford the webcam.
- Setup and use must be accessible.
- It must be compatible with both Windows and Mac OS.
- A stable and adjustable webcam mounting clip that keeps the webcam in place while you take the exam
- Your computer must have a decent microphone to communicate clearly with your proctor. A separate microphone may be necessary if not.
What things do you need to keep in mind while choosing a webcam?
It is critical to consider the quality of the resolution first. Most online services today support 1080p resolution, so investing in a high-resolution camera will make your life easier.
While 720p resolution is adequate for simple tasks, such as video chatting, you should opt for a 1080p model for more complicated tasks.
Web cameras should also be chosen based on the brand—some well-known brands design webcams with great features for providing computer peripherals.
Before purchasing a webcam, you should consider megapixels, frames per second (fps), and built-in microphones.
Additionally, it would help if you determined beforehand how much money you are willing to spend.
Audio and video quality is generally better on higher-end models; Despite this, some models still offer a reasonable price and high quality.
Users are typically unaware of another tricky feature, light sensitivity. Choose a webcam that can handle low fair well.
Nowadays, so many choices are available on the market that choosing a webcam for proctored exams can be pretty challenging. You can purchase the most suitable webcams for proctored exams:
7 Best Webcam for proctored exams
|1.||Logitech C920x||Check Price|
|2.||Logitech Brio||Check Price|
|3.||Logitech C270||Check Price|
|4.||NexiGo N60||Check Price|
|5.||Razer Kiyo||Check Price|
|6.||Razer Kiyo Pro||Check Price|
|7.||NexiGo N930AF||Check Price|
In our opinion, the Logitech C920x is the superior overall pick. Since its release many years ago, the C920 has been a fan-favorite model from Logitech.
A complimentary 3-month Xsplit Vcam license is included with this latest release of the C920. Therefore, C920x has the letter x. While recording, the Xsplit Vcam can replace, remove or blur your background.
Also Check Out:Best Camera For ZoneMinder
This camera has a 5-megapixel sensor that can record full HD at 720p and 1080p resolutions and is reasonably priced.78-degree field of view (FOV) ensures excellent video coverage. Also, the autofocus is responsive and quick.
Stereo audio quality is pretty good, thanks to the double microphones on each side.
With its non-removable USB cable and no drivers to install, the C920 is easy to set up. You can adjust the attached mount according to your preference, which is stable.
- An affordable price
- It records in 720p or 1080p
- A field of view of 78 degrees is acceptable
- The video quality is excellent
- Fast and responsive autofocus
- Adjustable and stable mount
- There is no privacy cover built into the device.
The Logitech Brio is our runner-up, the only webcam on our list that can record in 4K. This feature makes this webcam more expensive than other webcams.
The Brio has three adjustable fields of view: 65, 78, and 90 degrees. With this comprehensive view, you can easily adjust the webcam according to your proctor’s needs without moving it.
Also Check Out:Best Camera Phones
If you have dual microphones, you can communicate better with your proctor. The noise cancellation feature cancels any ambient sounds. You will be able to speak more clearly to the proctor this way.
Striking color contrast can be seen in Brio’s footage. HDR technology adjusts lighting and exposure.
A high-quality autofocus system is also included with the webcam. Your online exam won’t be affected by poor camera focus.
- Recording at 4K resolution
- Noise-canceling dual microphones
- High-quality video
- Three-field-of-view wide sensor
- The mounting clip is adjustable and stable
- Covered for privacy
- It is more expensive than other webcams on the market
- It is necessary to connect to a USB 3.0 port to use 4K
The Logitech C270 is our budget pick, featuring a 3 MP sensor and 720p recording. Although it’s not the highest resolution, the video quality is pretty decent for the price. A fixed field of view of 60 degrees is recorded.
The camera uses fixed focus technology, so there is no autofocus. Before starting your proctored exam, you’ll need to set yourself as the subject. In this way, your proctor would not interrupt you during your exam.
USB cables make it easy to connect the C270 to your computer. With this mount, you can attach your display to it in a stable and adjustable manner.
- Low price, decent features
- The quality of the video is decent
- Mount that is adjustable and stable
- A privacy cover is not provided
- Autofocus is not available
- 720p resolution only
The NexiGo N60 is our second-best budget webcam. A 1080p sensor with a resolution of 2 MP is housed inside.
With adaptive autofocus and decent video quality, this webcam provides exceptional value for the price.
Your proctor can hear you clearly with the built-in microphone and noise cancellation. As for the audio quality, it’s pretty good as well.
Your webcam can view many things in a single shot thanks to its 110-degree field of view.
You can connect the N60 to your computer via a USB cable, and it’s pretty easy to set up. The camera lens is also covered when not in use by a privacy cover for the sensor.
- Field of view of 110 degrees
- 720p and 1080p resolutions are supported
- A fair price
- Noise-canceling microphone
- Good video quality
- It has a privacy cover that can be detached
- Clip for mounting that is stable
- A bright environment leads to poor video quality.
There is a 4 MP sensor on the Razer Kiyo, which can record resolutions of 720p and 1080p. Despite the decent video quality, the autofocus isn’t very sharp. Focus on an object; it takes some time.
An illuminated ring surrounds the Kiyo sensor. With a rotating dial, you can adjust the light intensity. The light illuminates you and your immediate surroundings for use in low-light environments.
There is a problem with the mount on the Kiyo. Webcams have fallen off due to inadequate tightening by many users.
Connecting the webcam to your computer requires a non-removable USB cable.
- Recording in 720p and 1080p
- A ring light can be adjusted
- It has a field of view of 81.6 degrees
- There may be times when the mount is unstable
- A weak autofocus system
Razer Kiyo Pro
Razer Kiyo’s pro version allows you to adjust the field of view according to your preferences, which records 1080p resolution.
There is a significant improvement in autofocus over the non-pro version. The focus is instantaneous, and there are no issues with it.
Its built-in microphone produces excellent audio, and the audio is clear and precise with noise cancellation.
Video processed with Kiyo Pro does not contain any filters; the color contrast is excellent. There is a realistic and natural feel to the overall quality.
The sensor has a privacy cover on the webcam, which connects via USB 3.0.
- The field of view can be adjusted between three options
- The recording is in 1080p
- Compared to Razer Kiyo, autofocus is improved
- Excellent audio quality
- Noise-canceling microphone
- High-quality audio
- A privacy cover is included
- The Razer Kiyo is more expensive
- A weak autofocus system
This NexiGo N930AF webcam records in 1080p resolution and is reasonably priced. This video has decent video quality and excellent color contrast. However, autofocus has trouble focusing on unidentified subjects. At 65 degrees, the field of view cannot be adjusted.
Thanks to the built-in microphone and noise cancellation, the proctor can hear you without being distracted by ambient noises. Mexico N930AF, however, has substandard audio quality.
During non-use, the webcam’s sensor can be blocked by a privacy cover. If your computer is attacked, this keeps you calm, knowing no one can invade your privacy. Furthermore, the privacy cover protects the webcam from dust.
A non-removable USB cable is included with the N930AF for easy setup and connection to your computer.
- The price is reasonable
- The recording is in 1080p resolution
- It has a noise-canceling microphone
- Simple to set up
- Privacy lens cover included
- The quality of the audio is poor
- With only one microphone, there is no stereo audio
Final thoughts and best pick
All of the web mentioned above cameras are high-quality products suitable for proctored exams.
In terms of price-performance ratio, Logitech’s ProStream webcam is the best.
This company creates affordable and efficient webcams that are well-known and reputable in the field of computer peripherals.
As a result of its high-resolution analysis, auto-focusing system, and facial tracking capabilities, it ensures high-quality images. A noise-free sound is assured thanks to the two integrated microphones.
Choosing your next webcam should be based on your needs and your budget.
Thank you for reading this article. I hope it was helpful. Good luck with your exams!